Virtual Support now available for the current or potential UTHSA Innovator
What is TechNovum-GOTM?
- TechNovum-GOTM (T-GO) is a series of OTC-hosted virtual support modules to provide new or experienced UTHSA Innovators with new ideas, the freedom to work at their own pace, to investigate and develop the best path to market for their ideas.
Who should consider TechNovum-GOTM as a supplement to their invention or innovation in development?
- Any UTHSA staff/employee who has or anticipates submitting an innovation or invention idea to the Office of Technology Commercialization (OTC) to start the path towards commercialization will find this set of modules very useful.
What information is in the modules?
- The modules are based on the licensed curriculum to TechNovum the Accelerator, but condensed into engaging topics which include visual tools, tutorials, examples, and templates to guide the innovator. Subject examples include: “What’s your path to market?”, “Where does your idea fit?”, “Where’s the Money?”, “What’s your value proposition?”, to name a few!
Does TechNovum-GOTM offer any assistance from OTC or TechNovum the Accelerator?
- Yes!! While T-GO is not the same experience as TechNovum the Accelerator, the Co-Directors of TechNovum the Accelerator have launched “Office Hours” as a supplement to T-GO for specific answers to the participant’s innovation. Appointments will be one-on-one with the innovators.
Is there an application or does one qualify for TechNovum-GOTM?
- There is no official application for TechNovum-GOTM.
- Rather, the Co-Directors and OTC team will review the Invention Disclosure Form (IDF) to determine the fit. Additionally, OTC will meet with the PI to answer questions prior to start. These modules are meant to be value add to the innovator, OTC, UTHSA and ultimately patients, rather than an obstacle to the innovator!
When does TechNovum-GOTM launch and is there a limit on people participating?
- TechNovum-GOTM launches now! There is a limit to the number of participants per year. However, we’d love to handle that problem.
Is TechNovum-GOTM a replacement for TechNovum the Accelerator or a requirement for entry to the Accelerator?
- TechNovum-GOTM does not replace TechNovum the Accelerator nor is it required for entry into the TechNovum Accelerator.
For more information:
Please contact any of the following individuals at the Office of Technology Commercialization:
John Fritz, Co-Director, JAFritz@uthscsa.edu
Sean Thompson, Co-Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lindsey Dostal, Project Coordinator, DostalL@uthscsa.edu
John Gebhard, Manager Operations, email@example.com