Virtual Support for current or potential UTHSA Innovators
Starting on September 1, 2021, TechNovum-GO will be offered online at no charge to UT Health applicants.
What is TechNovum-GO?
- TechNovum-GO is a series of OTC-hosted virtual educational modules that provide new or experienced UT Health San Antonio (UTHSA) innovators with new approaches to investigate and develop the best path to market their ideas.
Who should consider TechNovum-GO as an aid for their invention or innovation in development?
- Any UTHSA staff/employee who has submitted (or anticipates submitting) an innovation or invention idea to the Office of Technology Commercialization (OTC) will find this set of modules very useful.
What information is in the modules?
- The modules are based on the licensed curriculum to TechNovum the Accelerator, but condensed into engaging topics which include visual tools, tutorials, examples, and templates to guide the innovator. Subject examples include: “What’s your path to market?”, “Where does your idea fit?”, “Where’s the Money?”, “What’s your value proposition?”, to name a few!
Does TechNovum-GOTM offer any assistance from OTC or TechNovum the Accelerator?
- Yes! While TechNovum-GO does not provide the same experience as TechNovum the Accelerator, the TechNovum Co-Directors will offer “Office Hours” to answer specific answers and assist all participants. Appointments will be one-on-one with the innovators.
How do I apply or qualify for TechNovum-GO?
- There is no official application for TechNovum-GO. Please contact by email any of the four individuals listed below to express an interest.
- The TechNovum Co-Directors and OTC team will review the Invention Disclosure Form (IDF) to determine the fit. Additionally, OTC will meet with the participant to answer questions prior to start.
When does TechNovum-GOTM launch and is there a limit on people participating?
- Requests to participate in TechNovum-GO can be sent to any of the OTC staff listed below starting on September 1, 2021. There is a limit to the number of participants per year (25 slots).
Is TechNovum-GO a replacement for TechNovum the Accelerator or a requirement for entry to the
- TechNovum-GO does not replace TechNovum the Accelerator nor is it required for entry into the TechNovum Accelerator.
For more information & Contacts:
Please contact any of the following individuals at the Office of Technology Commercialization:
- John Fritz, Co-Director, JAFritz@uthscsa.edu
- Sean Thompson, Co-Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lindsey Dostal, Project Coordinator, DostalL@uthscsa.edu