The President’s Translational and Entrepreneurial Research Fund (PTEF) is sponsored by the Office of the President in partnership with the Office of the Vice President for Research and the Office of Technology Commercialization (OTC) at UT Health San Antonio to provide early stage seed funds for applied research. PTEF is intended to provide funding for projects that have a high probability of being commercialized but are unlikely to do so without a small amount of gap funding.
OTC will invite inventors to apply to PTEF who are interested in developing their ideas into biomedical products.
- Invitations to submit a PTEF Pitch Deck application and Profile and Acknowledgements will be issued by OTC, via email, starting February 1, 2019.
- PTEF Pitch Deck application and Profile and Acknowledgements documents must be submitted to Meagan Rockne (firstname.lastname@example.org) by March 11, 2019 by 5:00 pm CST.
- OTC staff will evaluate PTEF Pitch Deck applications and a limited number of applicants will be selected to present on PTEF Pitch Day on May 3, 2019.
Awards are for direct project costs for short-term milestones provided over seven months. Financial resources determined to be necessary to achieve the desired milestone by OTC will determine the amount of the award.
Eligibility for an invitation to PTEF:
- Inventors must have submitted an Invention Disclosure Form (IDF) to OTC on or on or before December 10, 2018 and have received an affirmative Technology Evaluation Management Report
- Inventors must have a demonstrable need of funds for one or more of the following areas:
- Prototype development and research, materials and labor costs;
- Commercial feasibility studies;
- Software development, specific scope of project required;
- Research and development, including equipment, materials, lab time, personnel, etc. Must be specific and required for milestone accomplishment;
- Other specific costs associated with the commercialization related to the milestones.