Databases, organizations/associations, and tutorials for inventors/entrepreneurs useful for learning more about commercialization, marketing, and raising capital to fund startup companies.
- Dolph Briscoe Jr. Library
- U.S. Patent Office Search (USPTO)
- Library of Congress U.S. Copyright Office
- Alamo Inventors a San Antonio special interest group, that meets monthly(typically second Wednesday) to collaborate, interact, inform and learn about inventing and entrepreneurship
- The Health Cell a San Antonio organization supported by healthcare companies and institutions
- Medical Industry Organizations of San Antonio (MIOSA): To support the emerging San Antonio medical technology industry by facilitating networking, promote collaboration and serve as an informal advisory board to the community. MIOSA creates networking opportunities for emerging biomedical companies in the San Antonio area through informal and organized meetings with clear objectives to communicate industry issues in an open forum. The group will include medical technology industry partners that are new or emerging companies with fewer than 50 employees that are working toward the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of commercial products. (no website, companies only, no pre-license groups)
- Society of Physician Entrepreneurs San Antonio chapter facilitates interaction among medical community inventors and entrepreneurs
- The Texas Technology Development Center (T3DC) is a non-profit organization that provides commercialization expertise and links to resources for entrepreneurs to boost the development of a commercially viable technology and to position a startup business for angel/venture capitalists investments.
- T3DC Innovation Network Directory a listing of professional resources(i.e. attorneys, accountants, marketing) and services for startup companies vetted by the organization
- Kaufman Foundation Entrepreneurship on line video education programs
- UT System entrepreneurship support and information on startup company funding support (Horizon Fund)
- Venture for America fellowship program provides training and places fellows in vetted network of over 150 startups around the country, including San Antonio.
Tips for crafting successful Pitch decks:
Solanux, Inc. - 2012 RBPC
Presentation of an elevator pitch at the 2012 Rice Business Plan Competition held on April 12 at Rice University.
5 Great Sources For Creating A Winning Investor Pitch Deck, Section 5
In depth source information on the process of creating a successful pitch deck.
Promoting Business and Entrepreneurial Awareness in Health Care Professionals: Lessons From Venture Capital Panels at Medicine 2.0 Conferences
"Validating Venture Capital Panel Feedback Against Contemporary Business Advice" provides insight on how to make a successful pitch and how to create a business plan.